Search This Blog

Thursday, February 27, 2020

Jesus and his word is saving me from being a "bitter person"...............Hebrews 2:3 "How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him;"...........

Jesus and his word is saving me from being a "bitter person"...............Hebrews 2:3 "How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him;"
  I told this to brothers and sisters at the bible study me and my husband have been going to this week, and I thought to myself it is a "great salvation" jesus brought. Cause I really was heading down a "path" of being "bitter" very maybe even angry, and you can get a "feel" for that on some my older blog posts.   What I didn't tell my bible study, is I went to a old fashion holy spirit like tent revival type service (but like in a church) and I heard god speak to the pastor at this church, like before he walked up to me ---- he was prophesying over some of the people that showed up to this thing.
  I wasn't told my "entire" future..........but I was definately given some sort of vision........of where god wanted to take me in life.

Not where I wanted to take me in life
(where I'd want to take me in life is pry more "fleshly vented" that's my estimation anyways)
 Few blog posts earlier I spoke about "carnality" 
1 Corinthians 3 "And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ. I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able. For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?"
  That's the direction I was headed, when your living in the flesh...........it becomes about "me" I find. 
Instead of "oh I need to pray for these people" etc. 
  But also there's a end to that "path".................though the end of "carnality" is different for different people...........it often pry plays out badly.  (of people maybe wanting to "sue" each other for instance, and being very "bitter" inside their hearts towards various people)
God's ways are the best, 
not the ways I sometimes think I'd like to take me. 
 Even if you are a "grafted in" gentile and not a jew these verses are um important cause there is this thing called "God's ways" that aren't our ways (or not our ways naturally I don't recogn).................................
Deuteronomy 5:33 "Ye shall walk in all the ways which the Lord your God hath commanded you, that ye may live, and that it may be well with you, and that ye may prolong your days in the land which ye shall possess."
Deuteronomy 8:6 "Therefore thou shalt keep the commandments of the Lord thy God, to walk in his ways, and to fear him."
Deuteronomy 10:12 "And now, Israel, what doth the Lord thy God require of thee, but to fear the Lord thy God, to walk in all his ways, and to love him, and to serve the Lord thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul,"
Deuteronomy 11:22 "For if ye shall diligently keep all these commandments which I command you, to do them, to love the Lord your God, to walk in all his ways, and to cleave unto him;"
Deuteronomy 19:9 "If thou shalt keep all these commandments to do them, which I command thee this day, to love the Lord thy God, and to walk ever in his ways; then shalt thou add three cities more for thee, beside these three:"
Deuteronomy 26:17 "Thou hast avouched the Lord this day to be thy God, and to walk in his ways, and to keep his statutes, and his commandments, and his judgments, and to hearken unto his voice:"
  If I were to just walk in "my ways" like all the time, like let's say I just walked in the flesh all the time..........................I don't think I'd EVER, get victory over my sinful nature that would want me to "not forgive" that would want me to "gossip" that would want me to "evil speak" etc. 
  Philippians 3:12 "Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus."
- me to Paul!
If you like me, 
"after you get what you want you don't want it" 
- I'm talking about the lusts of the flesh. --- most the stuffs we buy when we think we need that so bad - don't we just sell that stuffs at a garage sale later on in the year or donate that stuffs all to often?
Can I just say it, I think being carnal is a stinky deal. If carnality leads to all kinds of fighting, which I think it does........it's a stinky deal..............
1 Corinthians 3 "And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ. I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able. For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?"

0 comments:

Post a Comment