Search This Blog

Thursday, August 6, 2020

Video blog post: I was mega encouraged recently while hearing a sermon at the messianic synagogue I often attend Isaiah 51:1 "Hearken to me, ye that follow after righteousness, ye that seek the Lord: look unto the rock whence ye are hewn, and to the hole of the pit whence ye are digged."......facts I have dug a really really deep hole for myself on my blog over the years................

Video blog post: I was mega encouraged recently while hearing a sermon at the messianic synagogue I often attend Isaiah 51:1 "Hearken to me, ye that follow after righteousness, ye that seek the Lord: look unto the rock whence ye are hewn, and to the hole of the pit whence ye are digged."......facts I have dug a really really deep hole for myself on my blog over the years................

(I had to cut this video short, cause there is a file size limit)
Trying to list the verses in order of which I spoke about them in the video above........... 
Isaiah 51:1-3 "Hearken to me, ye that follow after righteousness, ye that seek the Lord: look unto the rock whence ye are hewn, and to the hole of the pit whence ye are digged. Look unto Abraham your father, and unto Sarah that bare you: for I called him alone, and blessed him, and increased him. For the Lord shall comfort Zion: he will comfort all her waste places; and he will make her wilderness like Eden, and her desert like the garden of the Lord; joy and gladness shall be found therein, thanksgiving, and the voice of melody."
Isaiah 51:1 applies to gentiles to everyone "grafted in".........so that is good for verse for many to hear! 
 Exceedingly good verses for me to hear and read Isaiah 49:14-19 "But Zion said, The Lord hath forsaken me, and my Lord hath forgotten me. Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee. Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me. Thy children shall make haste; thy destroyers and they that made thee waste shall go forth of thee. Lift up thine eyes round about, and behold: all these gather themselves together, and come to thee. As I live, saith the Lord, thou shalt surely clothe thee with them all, as with an ornament, and bind them on thee, as a bride doeth. For thy waste and thy desolate places, and the land of thy destruction, shall even now be too narrow by reason of the inhabitants, and they that swallowed thee up shall be far away."
Isaiah 50:6-8
6 I gave my back to the smiters, and my cheeks to them that plucked off the hair: I hid not my face from shame and spitting.

7 For the Lord God will help me; therefore shall I not be confounded: therefore have I set my face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be ashamed.

8 He is near that justifieth me; who will contend with me? let us stand together: who is mine adversary? let him come near to me.
 Amen Isaiah 50:8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
  Jesus also said something very similiar to what is written in Isaiah 50:6
Luke 6:29 "And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloak forbid not to take thy coat also."
  Verses about Jews being kind to strangers..............
Exodus 23:9 "Also thou shalt not oppress a stranger: for ye know the heart of a stranger, seeing ye were strangers in the land of Egypt."
exodus 23:9 means let the stranger go to your synagogue basically That's what it means!
The stranger is even considered in the sabbath..........
Exodus 23:12 "Six days thou shalt do thy work, and on the seventh day thou shalt rest: that thine ox and thine ass may rest, and the son of thy handmaid, and the stranger, may be refreshed."
  We wish for you to be "refreshed" How Jews are hated anywhere ever  boggles my mind bad.
Leviticus 17:10 "And whatsoever man there be of the house of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn among you, that eateth any manner of blood; I will even set my face against that soul that eateth blood, and will cut him off from among his people."
Strangers living with Jews like way back in the day. They were welcome, apparently they were expected to heed back then - the law. Leviticus 17:10 doesn't say the Jews would cut off the strangers that ate blood.........says GOD WOULD "............I will even set my face against that soul that eateth blood, and will cut him off from among his people."
 This is still me making my point with Leviticus 17:10!!!!!!!! 
  Much efforts made to make sure the strangers had some food...............
Leviticus 19:10 "And thou shalt not glean thy vineyard, neither shalt thou gather every grape of thy vineyard; thou shalt leave them for the poor and stranger: I am the Lord your God."
  I feel I've made my point by now. I include now the verse about christians being kicked out of synagogues aka churches.............I doubt any synagoguesJewish churches be's kicking people out - it'd pry take drastic stuff like burning the building down, shooting people, walking in the church naked pry would do it etc. 
John 16:2 "They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service."
It's not the way of the Jewish people of none 0 of us to my knowledge to "put out" anybody of the synagogues except if the for reals lighting the church on fire, or naked making a scene, or shooting people. I'm pretty sure about that!

0 comments:

Post a Comment