Search This Blog

Thursday, January 23, 2020

My "works meet of repentance" for this week......and my current church is pushing for everyone to "do good" slews, but I tell you all in this crazy christian frenzy to do all sorts of super saintly stuffs Luke 10:42 "But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her."...........

My "works meet of repentance" for this week......and my current church is pushing for everyone to "do good" slews, but I tell you all in this crazy christian frenzy to do all sorts of super saintly stuffs Luke 10:42 "But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her."...........

  This one of the charities I'm super involved in lately, I like that the immigrants are being cared for............
   Anyways, this world it's in a big time rush is what it is in, most of it. And many of the things you all do in a day are great stuffs to do. 
  I was thrust into having to get super good at taking care of myself, when I had my 1st child and my parents right away moved away. And I was there with my child up late at night.............and with my child every weekend. So I had to get super good at carving out time for myself. 
  If you run on empty -------------- what to do have to give others at some point or another not much pry. 
  And spiritually also if you run on empty, if you don't have much of god's word stored all up in your heart cause you been do buisy with the "daily grind" --- IT COULD BE BAD. 
  Only example I have to mega go with the idea in my brains, is solomon...........solomon he asked god for wisdom instead of money and he was blessed galore. (sure solomon still did "good works" - he still like did stuff)..........................

1 Kings 4

29 And God gave Solomon wisdom and understanding exceeding much, and largeness of heart, even as the sand that is on the sea shore.
30 And Solomon's wisdom excelled the wisdom of all the children of the east country, and all the wisdom of Egypt.
31 For he was wiser than all men; than Ethan the Ezrahite, and Heman, and Chalcol, and Darda, the sons of Mahol: and his fame was in all nations round about.
32 And he spake three thousand proverbs: and his songs were a thousand and five.
33 And he spake of trees, from the cedar tree that is in Lebanon even unto the hyssop that springeth out of the wall: he spake also of beasts, and of fowl, and of creeping things, and of fishes.
34 And there came of all people to hear the wisdom of Solomon, from all kings of the earth, which had heard of his wisdom.
  I worry in this "performance based" society, that people have forgotten the real value in having wisdom. 
  But I digress cause this verse says the "greeks" the white people basically - I'm only part white - seek after wisdom.......but what the bible say..............

1 Corinthians 1

22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:
23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.
 It says "christ crucified" and says that is "unto them which are called, both jews and greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. 
  Basically take  up your cross and deny yourself and follow jesus daily. Matthew 16:24 "Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."
   You'd think I just lost my point, but I didn't because the bible surely says Luke 10:42 "But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her." 
  I've let things in my life distract me from the word of god before......from ultimately Jesus cause that's what I think jesus is really saying in Luke 10:42 when he says "but on thing is needful"
Gotta ask yourself the question where are you now?
Have a great day!
LOVE - it's not something we merely say, it's something we do. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment