Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 30, 2018

In this post I'm weighing in on the question was Rosanne Barr getting fired a good idea. This has sparked some discussion in my house and I can see it's sparked discussion online as well......................................

In this post I'm weighing in on the question was Rosanne Barr getting fired a good idea. This has sparked some discussion in my house and I can see it's sparked discussion online as well.

   Freedom of speech, I believe maybe should have limits.
   Two members of my household are real upset with ABC for firing Rosanne Barr (now I think they could've instead docked her pay instead for a few months........................some other kind of punishment if you will for her rascist remarks)
  Because the holocaust happened, slavery happened..................................both of these events started out with some people saying some rascist things about jews, and african american's IT STARTED OUT WITH SPEECH WITH WHAT PEOPLE WERE SAYING AND THEN IT MORPHED INTO SOMETHING ELSE!
   Colossians 4:6 "Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man." Grace is love for people, grace is also mercy at times for people. Like I ain't saying it's wrong to have a "complaint" against someone right.......................always have love, love in ones words, and um a willingness to show mercy that hopefully comes out in your words as well.
   But Colossians 4:6 is me detouring a bit. Words matter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I believe ABC knows this! Matthew 17:20 "And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you." Words can be POWERFUL!
  Words can either build up, or they can destroy! (there is a time for rebuke though Proverbs 27:5
"Open rebuke is better than secret love." which very much can be a act of love for some person or another and I further even believe that rosanne being fired is a act of love...................that it is ABC's way of saying "rosanne this isn't good all this rascist talk please go get some counseling" basically.............could be ABC should've handled that in a different way, though they didn't have many options that I can see, they had fire her, and maybe truelly that is the only option ------- docking her pay she might've sued them then).
   I think ABC did the right thing. I hope Rosanne Barr can get counseling, and get to speaking better about other races..............and then I hope she'll be able to get work again.
   I know people out there are like "but what about freedom of speech"???????? But when speech could potentially harm another race of people................it shouldn't be ok in that event!
   If reading this bible exert puts the fear of god in people going to my blog that is alright cause we pry should fear god. In this bit of the bible Deuteronomy 1:27 the jewish people were murmuring SPEAKING WORDS.............and god heard them....................................................and they were "dinged" verse 35 below...............................................(so ABC is not doing anything that god himself didn't once do.................just sayin).........................
Deuteronomy 1

27 And ye murmured in your tents, and said, Because the Lord hated us, he hath brought us forth out of the land of Egypt, to deliver us into the hand of the Amorites, to destroy us.

28 Whither shall we go up? our brethren have discouraged our heart, saying, The people is greater and taller than we; the cities are great and walled up to heaven; and moreover we have seen the sons of the Anakims there.

29 Then I said unto you, Dread not, neither be afraid of them.

30 The Lord your God which goeth before you, he shall fight for you, according to all that he did for you in Egypt before your eyes;

31 And in the wilderness, where thou hast seen how that the Lord thy God bare thee, as a man doth bear his son, in all the way that ye went, until ye came into this place.

32 Yet in this thing ye did not believe the Lord your God,

33 Who went in the way before you, to search you out a place to pitch your tents in, in fire by night, to shew you by what way ye should go, and in a cloud by day.

34 And the Lord heard the voice of your words, and was wroth, and sware, saying,

35 Surely there shall not one of these men of this evil generation see that good land, which I sware to give unto your fathers.

   Good words you know can be great though Proverbs 16:24 "Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones."
   Facts the words we all say impact the people around us, and they could impact possibly God's plans for us in our lives??????? Words are important.
   Whether you are christian or not.............................words should matter. You wouldn't probably want for instance to hang around a bunch of cussing people..........cause then you might end up cussing a lot! 1 Corinthians 15:33 "Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners."
   Story time: Back when I just got out of college I had a potty mouth............and my work told me to not cuss please use other words instead...................well my make believe words ended up worse then cuss words and they changed their minds and allowed me to cuss again (sad to say this is a true story).
   But I learned oh, don't watch filthy potty mouth tv shows for instance! My work probably didn't want to be "potty mouthers"!
   Words can impact the jobs you get, the friends you get, all kinds of things. I think we aren't loosing freedom of speech which is people's worries out there. Instead I think freedom of speech should definately have boundaries.
   I gonna say it, I shouldn't of been cussing at work ------------ I shouldn't of been cussing outside of work either, but especially not at work. I don't cuss no more.........except on very rare occasions and I'm working hard to not do that no more even on the rare occasion. Instead I say "dang it" I feel "dang it" is a good word..................like say you stubbed your toe your very upset "DANG IT" -------- feels good to yell out dang it real loud.
   My favorite coldplay song comes to mind instantly.........which has monkeys dancing in the music video..........well we ain't monkey's we are humans. I can't say how "degraded" some people out there would get if allowed to say or do whatever they wanted always? Let's not find out.
   I'm alive again thanks to jesus 👍 (I pry did once at least kill myself with my potty mouth --- mostly it's gone, I hard at work not even if something real bad happens..........stick with dang it, that's my plans)

Have a great day!
LOVE




2 comments:

Ruby said...

Well said. Seems like the internet has given people freedom to say anything that pops into their mind. It's best to realize that that monitor/screen is the same as a person or in this case a lot of persons. You are how you talk. Nothing will show a low class or uneducated person faster than their mouth.

Giving it to god said...

Rosanna Barr mom pry just is around a bad group of people truth be known 1 Corinthians 15:33 "Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners." It could be she has became "low class" as people call it, but what is "low class" is not "low class" a bunch of people that are together right using bad language, etc. in a group that often is associated with a trailer park community??????? It could be Rosanne Barr naturally got as you say "low class" but she was likely influenced by someone somewhere. So it's good that the world do love Rosanna Barr etc. Cause what happened with her could happen to any of us, if we just accidentally started running in the wrong crowd as they say.

Post a Comment