Search This Blog

Monday, April 22, 2019

works meet of repentance for this week......and why I'm very very eager to dress more modest, present my body fully as a living sacrfice to god even how I dress I believe that is important what we wear is important it maybe is the only "testimony" some people hear from us....................

(I decided upon donating to harvest call, the charity that my supposed enemies run aka the "Apostolic christian church of America" - I'm counting it as a effort to love my enemies)
works meet of repentance for this week......and why I'm very very eager to dress more modest, present my body fully as a living sacrfice to god,  even how I dress I believe that is important what we wear is important it maybe is the only "testimony" some people hear from us.................... Romans 12:1 "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service."
    I believe dressing in your day to day life modest is very important.........but what is "modest" isn't the same for everyone...............hence I put a link to this post today on my blog......................

I really do adamantly believe #2................from the blog post above................
"""Modesty is not… An excuse to make a snap judgment about a person and dismiss them based on your standard.  Yes, modesty is important but so are people. Just because someone isn’t where you’d like them to be doesn't they should be shunned.  Besides, I’m pretty sure Jesus said that people should know us by our love. (John 13:35)"""""            

I'm different
my ideas of what is the best modest look is different then most
do I believe tichels are greately more modest ------------------ yes
am I more comfortable wearing a tichel --------------------- yes
do I still think hair is pretty ---------------- clearly yes, but it's not as modest in my mind and god wants us dressed modest

1 Timothy 2:8-10

I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting.
In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;
10 But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.
  But also I feel for a "works meet of repentance" sort of blog post verse 10 is very appropriate, to adorn ourselves also with " But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works."
------------ to get somewhere in life..................just keep putting one foot in front of the other.......................have a great week!
LOVE

0 comments:

Post a Comment