Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

"Touch not; taste not; handle not; Which all are to perish with the using;".......................

Part of a letter I e-mailed a apostolic christian brother today.............. Somedays I struggle much on the narrow way, yesterday I almost cracked - It's on my heart much this morning that I need to work to be separate from this world... 2 Corinthians 6:16-18: "And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you. And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty." . So true 2 Corinthians 6:16 "And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols?" I think it's like good to "come out from among them - and be ye separate" good thing for me to put a bit of distance between myself and this earth not live like them "touch not the unclean thing" this earth must defile themselves w/the things of this earth that they have as idols I really suspect 1 John 2:15 "Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him." Colossians 2:20-22 "Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances, (Touch not; taste not; handle not; Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men? Colossians 2:20 powerfully speaks to me to glad I decided to look it up in my bible concordia : ) "if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world" that right there super speaks to me........and to "touch not, taste not, handle not, which all are to perish with the using!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Luke 6:27 "But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,"............................


1 comments:

Harold said...

Christian blog: I would like to ask you a private question. Please send your e-mail address to Keith. I will get it from him. Thanks.

Post a Comment