Search This Blog

Thursday, May 29, 2008

gossip I've decided is like dogs sniffing other dogs poop.............

I was walking my dog, and man dogs love to sniff other dogs poop, the trail we were walking on I know many dogs have trod so there was no doubt a large array of dog scents for my dog to sniff, and my dog appeared to be extremely determined to sniff every single one of those 8 billion dog scents along the trail! I sat there thinking why, why, why do dogs like sniffing the scent from each other's poop so much? Why is this such a beloved activity of dogs? -- I have not the answer to this mystery of the cosmos : ) but I decided that is what gossip is like.......dogs sniffing other dogs poop.....people on this earth are fasinated with gossip I think, it's all over the tabloids gossip is. I did a topical search on "gossip" at biblegateway.com this pretty good verse.......Leviticus 19:16 "Do not go about spreading slander among your people. Do not do anything that endangers your neighbor's life. I am the LORD." I need to do this verse like for good 1 Corinthians 4:13 "when we are slandered, we answer kindly. Up to this moment we have become the scum of the earth, the refuse of the world." Think on the good instead or just not stew on the negative in general, just "answer kindly". Ephesians 2:6 "And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:" Gossip it is like a dog sniffing another dog's poop whether you or I am reading gossip and all enjoying it or "spreading slander" gossiping myself, speaking evil about anyone anywhere! Sitting in the "heavenly places" speaks to me to of thinking on the things that are above! Colossians 3:1 "If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God." IF YE THEN BE RISEN WITH CHRIST (not in the dogs sniffing other dog's poop gossip land) SEEK THOSE THINGS WHICH ARE ABOVE I recommend not reading the tabloids at all, best when you at the magazine rack of your local grocery store to choose like "family circle" uhhhhh "fitness" magazine magazines that aren't filled to the brim w/gossip. I'm going to work much much harder to just love people and be forgiving of people - not to slander nobody in any way shape or form no more ----- love your enemies - be raised w/christ!

Luke 6:27 "But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,"............................
1 Corinthians 11:5-15 "But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven. For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered. For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man. For the man is not of the woman: but the woman of the man. Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man. For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels. Nevertheless neither is the man without the woman, neither the woman without the man, in the Lord. For as the woman is of the man, even so is the man also by the woman; but all things of God. Judge in yourselves: is it comely that a woman pray unto God uncovered? Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering."
  I've had a hard time over the years vocalizing my stance on hair, because I'm on "both sides of the fence" and most 99% of the women out there look to be either hard core on the "never headcover" side of the fence................or most them are on the "headcover all of the time" side of the fence. And I'm neither.........................
I believe it's "the thing" to headcover when you pray, including at church. And the rest of the time if you want your hair down 👍

0 comments:

Post a Comment