Search This Blog

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Going to work harder to not make no more provisions for the flesh..............

Update 3/17/2022 (in 2013 when this blog post was created I was trying to kiss up to the apostolic christian church of america - it didn't work I was miserably unpopular at that church). These days I believe the narrow way, while it does involve suffering in the flesh. There is a thing as "overkill" ------------ If you are miserable following Jesus your pry going "to far" 
the joy of the lord is our strength well we are supposed to have "joy of the lord" because it's supposed to be ENJOYABLE to follow Jesus! And it is - if you don't go "to far" 
Nehemiah 8:10 "Then he said unto them, Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared: for this day is holy unto our Lord: neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the Lord is your strength." It's when you get miserable following Jesus if that were to happen, or maybe miserable of hearing sermons????????? IF/WHEN your joy of the Lord drops, if it were to drop (for instance if you are suffering to much to kiss up to the apostolic christian church of america some people kiss up to them successfully) then you might "fall away"???????? Maybe for awhile from the faith fall away or something???????????????
Going to work harder to not make no more provisions for the flesh..............sometimes I'll alot 1 or two things for myself aka "provisions for the flesh" IT'S A TERRIBLE THING I NEED TO STOP DOING AND WANT TO STOP DOING Romans 13:14 "But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof." recently I bought a little silver bracelet w/a silver heart charm attached...................to remind myself to love people............I really need to quit buying jewelry for like good. Tonight I listened to this sermon pretty 100% this one
05/15/13 Bluffton Country Wednesday Bro.Ryan Bertsch
http://www.acsermonstreamer.com/




 I never really put that much thought into the whole idea of "lasciviousness" before which I take to mean walking lot's in the lusts of the flesh http://www.thefreedictionary.com/lasciviousness.................Jude 1:4 "For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ."
also these verses...........2 Peter 2:18-20 "For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error. While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage. For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning."
  Before I heard that sermon tonight I was thinking about buying a wig, I rethought that there idea.......................I though think there are things we can buy while following jesus but surely I don't want to be in some "free for all" some "lasciviousness" um athon................the world not being friends with it, if your not going to be friends with it, or you don't want to be friends with it.................................I think the world is about the lusts of the flesh...............1 John 2:16 "For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world." I have a horrible time not letting myself be influenced by the world............I like nice things...................but at the same time I do absolutely not want to be a friend with the world IT IS BETTER I PARTAKE IN THE SUFFERINGS OF CHRIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT WALK LIKE THIS WORLD NOT WALK IN LASCIVIOUSNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
In the year 2022 when I updated this blog post 
Russia is bombing Ukraine...............
  LOVE

0 comments:

Post a Comment