Search This Blog

Monday, July 15, 2019

I thouroughly believe god doesn't want us in debt!.................DEBT IS NOT "life more abundantly"...........

I thouroughly believe god doesn't want us in debt!.................DEBT IS NOT "life more abundantly"...........

I just got done talking with my oldest daughter who is about to go off to college, and she wishes to live on campus and go into $80,000+ debt and I told her.................
http://www.finaid.org/calculators/scripts/loanpayments.cgi
Loan Calculator

Loan Balance:$80,000.00
Adjusted Loan Balance:$80,000.00
Loan Interest Rate:6.80%
Loan Fees:0.00%
Loan Term:10 years
Minimum Payment:$50.00
Total Years in College:4 years
Average Debt per Year:$20,000.00

Monthly Loan Payment:$920.64
Number of Payments:120

Cumulative Payments:$110,477.25
Total Interest Paid:$30,477.25
That is $920.64 a month for 10 years and that's lowball  estimation.
AND I read her these bible verses.......................
Deuteronomy 15:6 "For the Lord thy God blesseth thee, as he promised thee: and thou shalt lend unto many nations, but thou shalt not borrow; and thou shalt reign over many nations, but they shall not reign over thee."
  God doesn't wish for us to be the "debtor" but instead the "lender"
"............and thou shalt reign over many nations, but they shall not reign over thee"
  And I told my teen child that she is a jew, and Deuteronomy 15:6 is talking about her, but also all you gentiles grafted in.................deuteronomy 15:6 is talking about you to!!!!!!!!!!
  And I told my child Proverbs 22:7 "The rich ruleth over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender." What does she want to be some slave $920.64 a month for 10 years 10 years of hard $920.64 a month SLAVERY
  god brought us out of slavery in egypt 
NOT TO GET IN SLAVERY AGAIN
(Gentiles you grafted in, same idea, just imagine leaving slavery in egypt 
god don't want you to be a slave)
Jesus came that we might have life more abundantly --- not be a slave!
John 10:10 "The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly."
  We haven't even toured, or officially looked into my daughter college major at the college nearby WHICH THEY HAVE THE PROGRAM THERE.........and I have talked my husband into at least having our child consider the college nearby, at least officially consider that college as a option, go tour that campus proper and talk to some the faculty etc. 
  It is my child's choice, and yes she can make her own choice. 
.................................................I had a student loan $127 a month for 15 years I pretty sure......that was ruff $127 a month. 
   Debt is a neccesity sometimes. Some student loan debt..........................is for many just going to happen a bit. But man I hope my child warms up to the school nearby. 
   I don't want her to be shackled down with a $900+ a month student loan payment for years like that. I don't want my child to be a slave! 
   you want to be making that money
keeping that money
not BORROWING MONEY or as little as possible
Kids please really consider your future 10-20 years after college, that debt is real, it's not pretend!
via GIPHY
It could be every penny doesn't count
maybe a few frivolous pennies exist
but dollars do matter

0 comments:

Post a Comment