Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Over the years I have learned when you serve, when you give, you get back (life is indeed more abundant then) just got back from hanging out with jane : ) (elder of the churches wife).................

The scarf I'm working on now aka 10/14/2023 when I'm adding to this post and I agree with 2015 me........serving is the way to live............why cause humble people serve, humility is important. Proud people want to BE SERVED. It's ok to be served as well............but I feel as a christian you should want to serve (like you should want that to be the way you live ALWAYS.......as a follower of Jesus)................ 
Luke 22:27 "For whether is greater, he that sitteth at meat, or he that serveth? is not he that sitteth at meat? but I am among you as he that serveth."
Over the years I have learned when you serve, when you give, you get back (life is indeed more abundant then) just got back from hanging out with jane : ) (elder of the churches wife). Had a good time, I was definately trying to "serve" her and she was trying to "serve" me JANE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : ) it's alright : )   
We ended up making cards.........................(I forgot to bring my camera with me)..............
I sometimes battle being "self absorbed" (you don't even have to look far on this here blog to figure that out) 
 I've found serving, in serving others................I gain the life more abundantly jesus came to bring me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! John 10:10 "The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." Jesus served all kinds of people..........he sure did go to many a people's house etc. (jesus didn't have a house so he didn't have people over) but he served and he lived a fantastically abundant life via serving!
Philippians 2:5-8 "Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross."
  I told Jane today (there's a conference at apostolic christian church of america in silverton next month on the topic of "communication" my husbands going to it - I'm stayin home with the kids) that I've gotten better at communication over time.............part of communication is being attentive to the person you are speakin to's needs. And I have a friend that, made it clear to me she likes me calling her on the phone and I took note of that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I have another friend who likes to hang out with me and have "girl time" do "girl time" things with me, and I took note of that! 
  Friendships if they were one sided that pry wouldn't work out to good. I've found the more I give of my time etc. etc. the more I get basically....................it's worth it..............................it's worth it to lay down my life and serve. 
(being self absorbed - bad plan) 
  And I pretty well invited myself back over to janes house : ) I'm real bad about that..............I've been really bad about that ever since I was a little little kid (when I was little I was at my friends sally's house all the time, like near every weekend.........................her mom made really good breakfast burritos!!!!!!!!!!!!!) 
  It was a good visit for me, left knowing ok, my church likes me : ) 
(my latest painting, not fully done yet, "American Robin" eggs in a nest) not american robin birds on top though those are dollar store birds : ) 
One our cats climbed up on our refridgerator and like killed my cuckoo clock........................the clock is in pieces and broken, like the whole clock was killed! Think I miss my cuckoo clock. We didn't have nowhere to hang it that the cats couldn't get to it. 
 I have a cold, but adding a song anyways...............Zion's Harp song 159 "Self-Sacrifice" very popular song verses 1 through 3...................I HAVE A COLD THOUGH!.......................
Have a great week earth! 
LOVE
https://www.donorschoose.org/
Mrs. Carlson's classrooms fundraiser is now fully funded 😁 But there are many more classrooms with many more needs at Donors Choose....................






  

0 comments:

Post a Comment