Search This Blog

Monday, January 20, 2014

To be like jesus who broke no reed................

My main garage sale find for this weekend (aka the weekend christian men attacked me for days on the internet)......................
https://givingittogod.blogspot.com/2023/06/if-i-did-say-bad-stuffs-about.html
it doesn't work though
my husband didn't ask if it worked or not he just bought it
only the leg massage works, and we don't know if we can get the rest of it to work or not????????????????????????????
I'm in both arthritic pain, and pain from walking trying to loose weight so my arthritis ain't as bad...........I'M IN MULTIPLE PAIN
AND MY HEART HURTS TO BAD
(this isn't my lastest painting cause I just got done painting 4 gift tags, this is what I painted the day before yesterday, it's my own design.............I still need practice on roses but like a lot of things in life slowly but surely I'm getting there)
Yesterday while talking to the elder of the church in portland and silvertons apostolic christian church of america, john mentioned to me...............that it is very important I be careful even when correcting people to be "gentile" THIS IS HOW MY BRAIN WORKS I GOT TO THINKING BUT WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY? 
  Cause I've even blogged before about being "gentile to all men" and I know that's the thing to do cause the bible says to do that BUT WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY???????????.....................2 Timothy 2:24 "And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,"
And then probably cause I got my foot to the pedal to much john is right I am "overgunning it" (I will let the foot off the gas today step away from the bible for a bit and maybe even play some frisbee golf : ) ----------my mind gave me the answer
that jesus never broke a reed and he is who paved the way for us to follow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I do believe he was "prophesied" in Isaiah 42:1-3...................
Isaiah 42:1-3 "Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles. He shall not cry, nor lift up, nor cause his voice to be heard in the street. A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax shall he not quench: he shall bring forth judgment unto truth."
Then pretty much the same verse was repeated in Matthew 12:19-21 this time talking about jesus.............
Matthew 12:19-21 "He shall not strive, nor cry; neither shall any man hear his voice in the streets. A bruised reed shall he not break, and smoking flax shall he not quench, till he send forth judgment unto victory. And in his name shall the Gentiles trust."
  In the past I read this verse and I thought to myself........................well that jesus he was perfect..........SURELY I AM NOT EXPECTED TO ACTUALLY BE LIKE HIM AND NOT BREAK NO REEDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just automatically assumed with myself ---------- that I wasn't going to be expected ever to be like christ............that of course I could just run through a field as fast as I want and break all kinds of reeds cause JESUS WAS PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
  idiotic messed up logic I had in the past
  For those who are not farmers.............................if you walk through a field "slowly" you won't break a reed pry MY FAMILY LIVED ON A LOT OF FARMS OVER THE YEARS, but if you get careless, if you run fast..........................YOU WILL BREAK ALL KINDS OF REEDS!!!!!!!!!!!! 
  Jesus didn't even break a "bruised" reed..............that is a reed that isn't perfect, that isn't that "strong" -------- a reed that would be very easyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to break.........................and jesus didn't break even 1 of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
   How to do this.........................I got the answer............2 Timothy 2:24 "And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient," we need to be patient with all men, gentle, don't fight all of 2 Timothy 2:24 yep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ps ------------ I think a lot of us I have decided we "bend" reeds NOT ON PURPOSE NOT EVEN DESIRING TO DO ANY HARM TO EACH OTHER -------- this is what I really recogn that sometimes we get a bit careless and we bend a reed. BUT THERE IS LOTS OF HOPE FOR US ALL!!!!!!!!!!!! TO BE ABLE TO REALLY FOLLOW JESUS - who broke not even a bruised reed, this is dooable!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope that was encouraging, I'm encouraged : ) now I will slow down : ) john is right, and having my foot to the gas to much it surely can be harmful to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOVE


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're right Sheri. And that isn't how I treated you. This is good to hear from the Word and makes me all the more sorry for how I worded some replies to you. Perhaps that's even why you chose to post this. Thanks for this. Now I'll go find a rock to crawl under. :)

Giving it to god said...

we are good! No need to find a rock. I said eons of stupid stuffs on this blog I know I have I was actually "asking for it" bad!!!!!!!!!!! I think somedays I want a attention..................it's a bad habit I got to break. John tells me I got to stop making "demands" on people to. He's right.
At the smith's friends church, I walked around as a god often.........................truth is.......................I am the least. I often do mess up. As I told john yesterday it is a "high" low, I am raised with christ and I finally understood this verse and I'm hyped about it Ephesians 2:6 "And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:" I once didn't understand this verse fully, I assumed it meant maybe god having raised me up, or that I'd have lots of fellowship, it hit me one day..................in my heart for others and jesus (which if john see's this he might think my foot is on the gas to much still) it's a good thing though. For us to love each other. ((((((((and I've came to realize I ain't the only person on earth.................bad bad to fess up to, john called me fully out yesterday told me he thought I wanted to be a member of the "church of sheri" I think somedays I'm definately guilty of that, but I really am after being a part of our church for reals.............the membership getting process is fully rolling : ) this church I wouldn't be well I wouldn't be scott hamilon at all without all you all (don't hide under a rock you are fine fact e-mail john weigand and he will tell you you are indeed fine)

Post a Comment