Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Being made conformable unto jesus's death.......................

Update 2/25/2023 I'm back to growing/drinking wheatgrass........it's part of the reason I haven't aged really. That and I'm dna wise mostly native american..........I was named after the singer Cher. (also Jew dna wise...........I believe native americans are jews really and I believe I'm 4x's over a jew IF NOT MORE). At any rate, the beauty industry is horrible for most women in my estimation, we are most of us made to feel ugly............in this pic below I have no makeup on, wearing one of the latest native american necklaces I made 👍 And I think I look good. I think I'm a good looking native american 👍👍👍👍👍👍
Being made conformable unto jesus's death I find that to be a "process" Philippians 3:10 "That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;" Somdays I do flub up..............I think that the thing to do is keep trying, keep moving forward and never give up!!!!!!!! 
 If you crack and buy jewelry or you crack and buy wigs, or crack and buy.................................fill the blank - sometimes the thing to do is get rid of that item. As much as I liked that lady gaga wig I ain't supposed to be conformed to lady gaga!!!!!!!!!!! Instead I need to be "being made conformable unto his death"!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
Romans 6:5 "For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:"
  That's all I have to say for today : ) me moving forward is me moving forward........my husband was a bit annoyed w/me getting rid of my wigs today cause he knows I like them...........as I told him I don't stop being "me" the "essence" of what makes me me is still there!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not my own, I was bought with a price 1 Corinthians 7:23 "Ye are bought with a price; be not ye the servants of men."
  I think it'd be way worse if I would've kept the wigs for the bible says..............Hebrews 2:3 "How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him;" 
  There's many a way to not neglect so great salvation.....................
read your bible everyday
listen to sermons online everyday
pray everyday
  I'm not about to go off and just you know do whatever I want to do in a day and ignore christ I don't want to do that!!!!!!!! I want to live for jesus everyday! 
   And I still get to do fun stuffs.........................I work on my lathe, I paint, it isn't a grueling thing I find at all following jesus..................and the little bit I am having to sacrifice namely - wigs, makeup, worldly music, dyeing my hair every which color in the rainbow, etc. IS WELL WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To have christ in my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Philippians 3:8 "Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,"
LOVE
Genesis 12:3 "And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed." You want to be blessed by God, BLESSED, then bless israel.......................


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sheri,

This is very admirable what you're doing, and I appreciate this post as it gives me encouragement to do similar things in my life. I don't have any wigs :), but there are other things I should give up for the sake of Christ. It seems that the hardest thing for any of us to give up, is our own self or our own selfish desires and the things we want to do. Surrendering this to Christ, and instead seeking after His things, is no small thing.

But even as you put things 'off,' I just want to encourage you to put other things 'on,' things like the fruit of the spirit (Galatians 5:22-25), spiritual armor (Ephesians 6:13-17), love (I Corinthians 13), mercy and kindness (Colossians 3:12-23), etc. Sometimes I think putting these other things on are even tougher than giving up the things that hinder our walk with Christ, because these things go against our natural tendencies!

Thanks for encouraging me today!

Giving it to god said...

You are right!!!!!!!!! Definately a effort has to be made to love one another I find............also I've found that love can either grow cold, or grow stronger. And I guess probably whether our love will grow cold, or grow stronger will depend I recogn on if we do love the things of the world. I will fess up some sundays I'm like that katy perry song "hot n cold" one sunday I'll love the church, the next not so much and then sometimes bamn later on that sunday back again loving the church : ) it isn't something with them I've decided, more something with me. (and some "people" in my life tell me the church pry hates me and pry talks badly about me a lot................I've decided that just isn't the case or not mostly) clean the pastors wives will sit by me if someone "important" is at the church..........if they were all talking lots of smack about me behind my back I recogn that wouldn't happen. I do want my love to grow and for sure I have room for improvement it is much better that we love one another!!!!!!!!!!! hope your week is going good!

Post a Comment