Search This Blog

Thursday, August 24, 2017

Don't covet thy neighbors goods, it's bad..........instead wait for god to bless that's my advice.

 Once I thought it was so sinful to want to be wealthy. There is a idea out there that people with fancy cars, and fancy homes, and luxurious vacations etc. are "sinful" I do not believe they necessarily are. 
  Recently I saw a article about Melinda Gates and I was mega impressed, and I could relate to her...............I can relate, cause she is pry thought of as "spoiled rich" ---------- though I don't have a lot of money I do know how I am viewed. I am aware, I am very aware I am viewed as a privleged part white, part jewish, part native american chick! I'm viewed as probably being spoiled rotten I am saying!
https://www.fromthegrapevine.com/health/bill-and-melinda-gates-foundation-save-children-earlysense-africa-avner-halperin
  I looked up what is Melinda Gates religion ----- catholic. People have pry thought bad for a long time about melinda and bill gates, just for the mere fact that they are wealthy.....................they pry have been deemed of the "last" such as myself.............................Matthew 19:30 "But many that are first shall be last; and the last shall be first."
   I'm glad to see all the stuffs the gates are doing! https://www.gatesfoundation.org/
  Cause just cause they are a bunch of rich people don't mean they are "out of the race" at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And they've mega been a encouragement to me to keep up with my "works meet of repentance" blog posts!!!!!! Cause I'm like them a person people would like to discount completely! 
  But back to my point, it isn't sinful to be wealthy........................god wants us to be blessed!

Deuteronomy 32

12 So the Lord alone did lead him, and there was no strange god with him.
13 He made him ride on the high places of the earth, that he might eat the increase of the fields; and he made him to suck honey out of the rock, and oil out of the flinty rock;
14 Butter of kine, and milk of sheep, with fat of lambs, and rams of the breed of Bashan, and goats, with the fat of kidneys of wheat; and thou didst drink the pure blood of the grape.
15 But Jeshurun waxed fat, and kicked: thou art waxen fat, thou art grown thick, thou art covered with fatness; then he forsook God which made him, and lightly esteemed the Rock of his salvation.
  In the old testiment bit of the bible........................god MADE "made" made him RIDE ON THE HIGH PLACES OF THE EARTH --------------------------- blessed places, wealthy, rich very blessed places!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then verse 15 happened, and Jeshurun, "forsook god which made him, and lightly esteemed the Rock of his salvation"...................probably things went bad for him after that bit further down 

Deuteronomy 32

23 I will heap mischiefs upon them; I will spend mine arrows upon them.
24 They shall be burnt with hunger, and devoured with burning heat, and with bitter destruction: I will also send the teeth of beasts upon them, with the poison of serpents of the dust.

Isaiah 58:13-14

13 If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the Lord, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:
14 Then shalt thou delight thyself in the Lord; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it.
   I am 100% that "ride upon the high places of the earth" has the same meaning in Isaiah 58:14 as in Deuteronomy 32:13..........................wealthy, well off..........blllllllllllllllllllllllessssssssssssssssed! 
  It's not a sin to want to be blessed like god like that! 
   But bible says to not covet right..........................and surely with great wealth comes great responsibility Luke 12:48 "But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more." I feel that bill and melinda gates are currently well giving out to the community well. They are making it happen! ---------- my point is the "grass always seems greener on the other side" but it isn't a sin to want to go walk over to the other side.............because I really do need a nice long island vacation and that ain't a sin either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 19 years I've been married and I've never once been on a exotic island getaway I know shocking because I'm so good looking......................
(if I was married to me, I'd want to be all the time at exotic beach locations with me)
I got on craigslist recently a box full of romance novels, my husband he proposed to me after taking me to a fancy restaurant, with roses lined to my bedroom (small apartment he was either trailing them to the bedroom or the kitchen), complete with candles, and then he proposed. Well back then he was romantic, and I thought I said "I do" to a romantic guy. Well weeks after being married THAT ALL ENDED. These days he tells me he's "non-demonstrative" 
 So now I can read about all the romance I thought I was about to get when I said "I do", and all the romantic vacations I thought I was going to get when I said "I do". We only went on a honeymoon, since then it's only been family vacations, we've never went alone on a vacation besides our honeymoon and that was to disneyworld in florida and not romantic at all really!!!!!!!!!!!!! UPDATE: post me writing this stuff on this blog brian is taking me on a cruise vacation (I have no hopes for any romance though, like none................books I have lots of romantic books)
 This is the book I'm reading right now! My parents also got me hoping for things that didn't happen in my life, they said when I was in college, maybe some in high school as well "I can't wait to have grandbabies I'm going to spoil them rotten" ----------- well I literally thought my parents weren't about to move away from me, I THOUGHT THEY WERE SERIOUS AND THEY WERE ABOUT TO SPOIL THEIR GRANDBABIES ROTTEN. 
  Well I learned the truth, when we went to visit them when they lived in Pasco, washington....................brian was arguing with them and me a lot, and my parents could tell oooooooooooooo brian misrepresented himself a slew (cause he was refusing to go with me to do some "fun things" I suggested as I recall). So my mom and my super model sister took me to the neighborhood restaurant/bar (basically it was a bar.............but my parents lived in a fancy golf course community...........so it was a golf course bar but it was a bar!!!!!!!!!!!!) and my mom asked me after she had bought me as I recall a vodka a real strong drink and drank a bit she asked me "Sheri you at least at fun in college right?" ------- and I said not really, cause my parents talked me into going to the college I went to and it was a "teacher" college, not the kids faults at all that I didn't blend in with them well (nice enough kids and eventually I became friends with several of them). Many nights in college I sat alone in my apartment......................wasn't really "fun times"
 ------------- to fill people in, when my parents lived in pasco washington, that was a 3 hours at least, pry more of a drive away from where I live. And they lived there maybe a year and a half?????? That was the closest they lived to us for most of my 19 years of marriage..............they weren't around to spoil my kids rotten, like my dad in particular liked to say he was looking so forward to spoiling his grandbabies rotten - I HAD NO REASON TO NOT BELIEVE HIM, TO THINK HE WAS LIEING! 
ps.....................don't covet your neighbors goods you don't need to..............
just keep the sabbath holy -- God wants to bless His people!!!!!!!!!!!
Have a great week earth!
LOVE



0 comments:

Post a Comment