Search This Blog

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Can we just be broken together? (ya I'm quoting the christian band "casting crowns" I love that band).................

Sheri 11/10/2023 is more the "love grown cold type" (my love hasn't grown completely cold - but really read matthew 24:12 it isn't saying our love will grow completley cold it'll "wax cold" Matthew 24:12 "And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold." I just go to bible study and the methodist church cause my husband likes to go to church, but if you ask him he says he goes to church for my sake, except I DIDN'T PICK THE METHODIST CHURCH. If church was for my sake and I was going to it cause I was enjoying it makes sense I'd get to pick the church or have some kind of say in the church we go to --------------- I don't. 
  Last night I did a live "replay" but live encore class from London, via peloton app. It was a really good workout.....................
I been thinking a lot lately about the verse that mentions confessing our faults one to another - and the idea of being "broken"........and broken is pry another way to say "poor of spirit". I think in most of our minds, the idea of "perfection" is maybe complete perfection??????????? But is it really?????????
  Is perfect that you are perfect???????????? Is the question I am asking???????????? What if perfect, is being "poor in spirit".................Matthew 5:3 "Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." It's hard for me to say what I want to say, but what if """""""perfect""""""""" still involves us having a few "faults" ----------- a few things we struggle with from time to time. And a "poorness of spirit" due to it. James 5:16 "Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much."
 I'm not saying like a lot of faults necessarily. I'm not saying........go sin.
Luke 18:11-14 "The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess. And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner. I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted."
  That's all god gave me to say for today. This is what I been thinking much about lately. This idea that there can be perfection in brokenness (or being "poor in spirit" cause that's what I deem broken is just another word for being "poor in spirit"). 2 Timothy 1:9 "Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,"
   Have a great week earth! 
LOVE
Deep in thought at the moment James 1:1-4 "James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting. My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing."
  Here in James 1-4 it's talking about counting it all joy when we fall into "divers temptations" this is something to think about I think...................I think cause we are weak we are frail, we are maybe at times easily tempted??????????? 
  Then verse 4 jumps out at me at the moment......................."but let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing." 
  With your flesh crucified, dead. Wanting nothing! 
 ------------------------------------------- me going off topic a touch I am weak, fantastically weak and I know I am fantastically weak (and sometimes I do probably overly defend myself and/or my stance when I feel like I am being overely judged, etc.) 
....................................what happened to me at the age of 3 doesn't happen to most 3 year olds in like all of eternity................................but the devil knew I was weak...........and he didn't want to wait til I was more able to defend myself...........at a older age then 3...........................
he sicked the bad bad bad bad at my tiny weak 3 year old self
and I did crack a few years later cause I am weak
I thankfully know this about myself so that is good
------------------------------- look at alcoholics, drug addicts, which ones have the largest problem out there ------------------ is it not the ones that don't think they have a problem??????????????????
Admiting you have a problem, knowing you have a problem, and then going to the solution aka the word of god ========== good combo!
(the blog post before this blog post, or I think it was that blog post, one the recent ones, I replied to what I'm guessing is a brother of the apostolic christian church of america today....................my dad told me not to reply to nobody on my blog especially if they comment "annonymous" like this one did ----------- but the bible it says......................
Luke 6:31 
31 And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.
32 For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them.
33 And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same.
34 And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.
35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.
36 Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.
37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:
  how would I like people to do unto me.................
have bowels of mercy towards me!!!!!!!!!!!! 
to not ignore me (so in my mind I want to reply when people comment, or a great deal of the time make a real effort to do that...........for I wouldn't want to be ignored, or felt that I was ignored) 
also the bible says that open rebuke is better then secret love......................I'd hope nobody would like sledge hammer me............but if I was "wrong" somehow.....................I would wish for someone to point that out to me...........then for me to be left making a fool of myself on my blog for instance
if a car drives the wrong way do we not scream out the window "you are driving the wrong way" 
we don't want people to get harmed
is "open rebuke" really the house of horrors????????????

Proverbs 27:4-6King James Version (KJV)

Wrath is cruel, and anger is outrageous; but who is able to stand before envy?
Open rebuke is better than secret love.
Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful.
Faithful are the wounds of a friend! 
in my mind I am big bird and mr rogers
and anybody thinking I'm anything besides 
big bird or mr rogers
I don't get your thought process???????????
Image result for mr rogers
and jesus but I'm probably more like mr rogers and big bird! (take me awhile longer to be like a lot like jesus - that's a high bar)
I watched the big bird documentary with my husband recently I left the room at the end he didn't notice it but I busted out crying my eyeballs - I left the room fast at the end. 
(nothin much could choke me up more then a well done big bird documentary)
https://www.donorschoose.org/
Ms. Mauldin's classrooms fundraiser is now fully funded 😁 But there are many more classrooms with many more needs at Donors Choose.................





0 comments:

Post a Comment