Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Why I view church discipline as a bad idea..........with bible backing me up................

Update 4/2/2024 I like bought some memory wire while at a antique store at the coast and so today I made a memory wire bracelet - pictured below 😁
I believe in um "life more abudnatly" that Jesus came to bring me
John 10:10 "The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly."
(my latest painting is yet another bob ross piece called "Seaside Harmony" Season 30, Episode 10)
This is a e-mail I wrote this morning to elder and his wife (of the church that I went to for a long time) and my great aunt, all of the apostolic christian church of america. (slightly edited for this blog, but not much I ain't editing much at all)
At my current church they say they "love people in" ------------- that's the christian way right there
you could tell me but sheri we are a rigid commandment of men heeding church what about consequences for actions..............
God should be your daddy my daddy everybodies daddy ok..........he able to deal with any kids not behaving.
It is your jobs to swat your kids butts if they misbehave.............and that's as far as things go.
If you read your bible good................it says swat your kids butts if they misbehave (your actual biological kids).
and then leave the rest to god
leave the rest to god it's in the bible
I can read real well was a english minor in college
closest the bible says and this even doesn't say anything about kicking people out of a church or none of that so you ain't all biblical............
Hebrews 12:15-17 "Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled; Lest there be any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright. For ye know how that afterward, when he would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected: for he found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears."
 Look diligently at something to prevent anything bad happening with any of your church members, and that's it.
previous verses.............Hebrews 12:12-14 "Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees; And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:"
am I following peace with you all - yep
is you with me - debatable. Holiness, you'd have to e-mail me to be following holiness with me I'd recogn you alls missing that verse 14 there.
but that's besides the point,
the point is....................church discipline is not biblical
bible says
hey you all do this this this and this
and then there won't be no fornicator among you, or profane person
church discipline ------------ is a church trying to get in the way of god
God's saying hey kids I'm god I'm daddy I gots this!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hebrews 12:14 "Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:"
...................who knows if the apostolic christian church will get rid of their "church discipline" they don't much listen to me it don't look like. 
 I'd listen to me, I back myself up with the bible mega well. Their church has "commandments of men" there's no way ordering people to not wear bangs, or beards, or wedding rings................no way that ain't commandments of men.................................that's men in your church commanding your church to stay away from various things which is what "commandments of men" is!
God's my daddy, and it's good to fear dad some.........not my church though (if they had church discipline which I don't believe my current church does, which is great churches shouldn't have "church discipline" - but rather trust god to do his job). God I believe should be the one feared. 
Have a great week earth!
LOVE
https://www.donorschoose.org/
Ms. Sansom's classrooms fundraiser is now fully funded 😁 But there are many more classrooms with many more needs at Donors Choose...............



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you help me understand what these verses mean in light of what you shared above?

Mat 18:15 Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.
Mat 18:16 But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.
Mat 18:17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

1Ti 5:20 Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear.

1Co 5:9 I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators:
1Co 5:10 Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world.
1Co 5:11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.
1Co 5:12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?
1Co 5:13 But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

Giving it to god said...

Well yes eventually church disipline can happen..........I don't think churches should use that except as a very last resort. It's to easy to label someone a "horrible sinner" what happen to believing in the saving power of jesus???????????? I'm just more into loving people, believing for people, hoping for people.

Post a Comment