Search This Blog

Monday, August 10, 2015

Are you minding the things of the flesh today - or the things of the spirit? Romans 8:5 "For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit."..........................

Update 12/12/2023 sheri can't decide which of these 3 selfies she likes the best, so  she's including all 3.........................


Are you minding the things of the flesh today - or the things of the spirit?.....................Romans 8:4-6 "That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace."
  I don't know about you all but I want "life and peace" like everyday!!!!!!!!!! Today though watching christian tv might've backfired on me some...................yep................I was watching tiz and larry huch and larry was talking about how he blows a shofar in the mornings and/or evenings to bless his neighborhood............
well you can guess ya I'm now thinkin "hmmmmmmmmmmmm maybe I need to blow a shofar to bless my neighborhood : )"
http://www.larryhuchministries.com/
  And I've changed my mind about 2 bible verses these two.................1 John 3:17-18 "But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him? My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth."
  I once used to just consider 1 John 3:18..........and I thought to myself "well if some christians don't shower me with many gifts they just don't love me" but now I've learned that ain't the case! 
  Cause the verse above 1 John 3:18 is having to do with 1 John 3:18.....................which my family does do.................at living hope church we have for months been a part of think it's called 10x10 program??????? (basically giving food every month to the churches foodpantry!!!!!!!!!!!!) THAT IS LOVING IN DEED AND TRUTH............................
BUT I'VE LEARNED EVEN MORE......................................
that in this obedience to god's word we really do love each other in the body of christ!
----- this weekend.............................it was crazy how much love I was feeling from people at living hope church. 
#blessed
Have a great week earth!
LOVE
https://www.donorschoose.org/
Ms. Lassegue's classrooms fundraiser is now fully funded 😁 But there are many more classrooms with many more needs at Donors Choose...............



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had to look up what a shofar is, but that would be fun to see some of the reactions you'd get if you have close neighbors to hear it.
So I'm wondering about 1John3:17-18 now since you posted. Do you think we have a responsibility to share wisdom from the Bible with others in the same way 1John 3:17-18 says about the world's goods?
Let's say 2 people knew each other pretty well and 1 was having a hard time in a situation. The other notice this and can think of some verses that could help so they tell the other person about the verses. Would that also be showing bowels of compassion?
I'm thinking yes because God's word is Love and Truth, and that verse is saying to show love in deed and truth not just words we say in certain situations? What do you think?

Giving it to god said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh YOUR RIGHT! I hadn't put that much thought into 1 John 3:17-18 before, but your completely right! We definately are supposed to "love in word" as well, which definately means sometimes giving a "encouraging word" to one another (I did what your talking about a few times recently, my brother's wife is going through a real bad time and I gave her the only verse I knew that could be a comfort for her "situation" Romans 8:28 "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." --------- my brothers wife she is christian goes to church most every sunday, I went to her church when I was in montana, her 2 best friends are christians I hanged around them to when I was in montana both way nice..............I'm convinced somehow the "situation" my brother's wife is in is going to turn around to her favour) Much like how joseph was put in prision, his brother's threw him in a lions den..........he ended up in charge of like egypt (terrible things happened to joseph before he became in charge of egypt but god had a plan for josephs life) Genesis 41:41 "And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, See, I have set thee over all the land of Egypt." God has a plan for our lives to!................I watched joel osteen last night : ) I believe god has a plan for our lives, I believe that!

Post a Comment