Search This Blog

Saturday, May 2, 2015

In loving memory of my grandma Anna Marie Day..........who did wear her hair up and I know that is more modest and I need to work on that..................

Update 11/2/2023 wearing the shrug I just knitted....................commencing knitting another one today. Most of the time I like the look of knit better then crochet................often the final product looks more "store bought". That and knit has a lot of stretch to it..................................................
In loving memory of my grandma Anna Marie Day..........who did wear her hair up and I know that is more modest and I need to work on that..................
People in our lives they influence us whether we know it or not. I think we all have eh............influences in our lives. And many of us pry have people that really stand out to us, for like ever, my grandma was one those people for me. She was like me, she believed a simple "finger ring" was ok. Titus 1:15 "Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled."
  And I do have a vague memory of grandma telling me why she did not have jewels on her wedding ring, no diamonds. As you can see in the picture above her "songs and hymns of zion" was very used, that is the look of a hymnal of someone who went to church often, not only is that the look of a hymnal of someone that went to church often (when she was regularly attending church, before the cigarette smoking incident................my grandma knew smoking was a sin she knew this...........she never got the help she needed to quit smoking...............I imagine it likely was in her "plans" to quit smoking someday, fact I think she did mention that before ------------------ she actually needed professional help to quit and she thought she could do it herself) ------------- a person who loved to sing! When I hold her hymnal I can really experience sense her love for singing, so worn the pages are in that hymnal.........not in a careless way either, in a loving way.
  I imagine her singing for hours, day in and day out. Church service after church service. Gladly!
  I don't know if anybody ever saw my grandma with her hair down....................(course her hair was down in the morning but she woke up early always, she was up by 6 a.m. always not the type of person to sleep in ever that I can recall - with the exception of few times she had strokes from the smoking). She didn't wear no head covering, and she didn't wear the apostolic christian church of america 3 1/2 inch book mark sized doily either..................but she always weared her hair up, clearly convinced that was the "modest" thing to do.
  (edited this blog post in the year 2017 cut out the end of this post cause it no apply no more ---------- dressing modest is a good idea KIDS ARE WATCHING THE FUTURE IS WATCHING!)
Have a great week earth!
LOVE
https://www.donorschoose.org/
Mr. Ken's classrooms fundraiser is now fully funded 😁 But there are many more classrooms with many more needs at Donors Choose..................




  

0 comments:

Post a Comment