Search This Blog

Thursday, February 19, 2015

The cares of this life can choke the word of god, this is why I decided to become a freelance graphic designer......

Update 10/20/2023 - Sheri 2023 agree's with sheri 2015 that it's best to "make time" for god - sure people CAN do that with very hectic days..............but it's harder for them. Luke 8:14 "And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard, go forth, and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection."
   The latest scarf I knitted 😁...........................


(my latest painting is of a rhino, pic on the left my husband took at the zoo this last weekend - turns out I enjoy painting rhino's a lot : ) 
The cares of this life can choke the word of god, this is why I decided to become a freelance graphic designer. I don't want to have so much """""stuffs""""""" going on in my life that I don't have time anymore for god or his word. Yes you can have a full time job and follow jesus...........but I think scenario's do play out in this world where people have full time jobs and then they come home and they have so much going on AND GOD'S WORD IS CHOKED!!!!!!!!! Luke 8:14 "And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard, go forth, and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection." That doesn't have to happen to you if you have a full time job, you can be in god's word throughout the day (if you make the time) you can have a full time job and walk in the spirit, it is possible Galatians 5:25 "If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit."
  I am greedy for god like god is jealous for me................I like so much to have a certain amount of prayer time everyday, and a certain amount of being in god's word everyday etc. I want god to draw near to me, and jesus to increase in my life --------------------- MORE THEN I WANT ANYTHING IN THIS WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Philippians 3:8 "Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,"
 Topic #2 at hand...........wedding rings..................
Today I was reading from the book of james James 2:2-3 "For if there come unto your assembly a man with a gold ring, in goodly apparel, and there come in also a poor man in vile raiment; And ye have respect to him that weareth the gay clothing, and say unto him, Sit thou here in a good place; and say to the poor, Stand thou there, or sit here under my footstool:"
 Ok this is new testiment.........in this verse it is talking about someone wearing a "gold ring" and not only are they not being shunned away, it appears they are wanting this person wearing the gold ring to "sit thou here in a good place" 
  ..........not only is there no mention here of the gold ring being bad 
.............the christians in this verse were plenty ok with a guy wearing a gold ring..........and james doesn't even seem to be bothered by said gold ring
 ----------- what he's bothered with here is that they were giving preference to someone that looked wealthy. 
  My husband says I won't be able to convinced the apostolic christian church of america............but it can't hurt to try can it???????????????
  I'm like a detective with the bible, I like to look around, don't just look at one verse and say "aha god hates........................................................." see what the rest the bible says "all the counsel of god" Acts 20:27 "For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God."
  I've been listening to bethel music a lot today, the new album "We will not be Shaken".................
Have a great week earth! 
LOVE
https://www.donorschoose.org/
Ms. McKeever & their Classroom Community's fundraiser is now fully funded 😁 But there are many more classrooms with many more needs at Donors Choose...........





0 comments:

Post a Comment