Search This Blog

Sunday, July 22, 2012

bodybuilding and following jesus is starting to go hand in hand for me.....both requiring disicpline............

(above pic me 7-18-2017 hard at work aging in reverse -------- forget how I look you all to buisy judging people on how they look. It's how I feel, I feel so much better, after tweaking my workout ruitine and my diet to)
The elder of the ACCA church don't like bodybuilding so much says it has the potential to be a "vain thing" --------- but for me it's fun (I wrote this sentence in 2012 when I was still going to that church). Jesus came so we could have life more abundantly.............John 10:10 "The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." (some people's health is badly off for reasons out of their control..........but a life more abundantly is a more healthy life I think..........for some people obtaining health is via going for walks.........I happen to enjoy eating some things that require for me to have a bit extra metabolism................if you have to peck at salads your whole life - that isn't life more abundantly in my estimation)
bodybuilding and following jesus is starting to go hand in hand for me.....both requiring disicpline............something I'm somedays a bit short on. It takes a lot of discipline I find to keep my  1 Corinthians 9:27 "But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway."
   So body building often I find when I'm rather faithful in bodybuilding it has some topple over effect a good effect into my abilities to follow jesus fully (when I'm trying to as I call it "ramp up" bulk up the muscles.........what I eats down to a science, lean meats lot's of fish, lots of beans, lot's of veggies - bout to get some fiber in the liquid format cause that's bestest for my bodybuilding goals to drink my fiber for the day ------ basically I stay away from potatoe chips, ice cream (eat frozen yogurt instead), donuts - definately all about these days limiting my carb intake) very regimented it is my entire diet and workout "supreme 90 day system" also ab circle, and nordic trac.
  Keeping your body "under, and bring it into subjection" as paul talks about in 1 corinthians 9:27 I find takes a lot of discipline. BUT WORTH IT! For 1 John 2:16 "For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world." I don't want to be a friend with the world, I don't want to be about "the lust of the flesh" that's the one that mega stands out to me, that's the one I usually battle.
  So as goofy as it maybe I've decided to stick with bodybuilding for life (or as long as I can manage it) cause it's been so good for me having all that self discipline bible talks about "temperance" which is also a word for self discipline pretty much..........Galatians 5:22-23 "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law." Also with bodybuilding just staying focused (on basically being self disciplined ------- takes focus all day long, all day long I have to focus on what I'm eating and how much water I'm drinking etc. - it's me self disciplining myself all day FOR A GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as is crucifying your flesh to it's lusts and desires it's FOR A GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Galatians 5:24 "And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts."
   I would post up a pick with this blog post but I'm still a bit "fluffy" few more days into the Supreme 90 day system and I will : ) But for me bodybuilding has became something much more then about the muscles I'm gaining, it's about the self discipline I'm gaining that much needed self discipline in the day - that I have that everyday all day long and obtain my fitness and spiritual goals is my prayer.
  Being buff is just going to be like a nice bonus : ) Have a great day earth!
  remember it isn't how fast you run this race that is life..........it's that you keep running.............hopefully we all are running to jesus and not this world or the things of it............
I'm painting turtles lately : ) 
John 13:34-35 "A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another."........................
ps.........Yes there are rich christians as well. But many christians are not rich. James 2:5 "Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him?"
The latest for me for 6/7/2021 
and my rendition of Rhiannon by Fleetwood Mack below.......








1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THIS POST Check out my blog also
www.thejesuschristblog.com

Post a Comment