Search This Blog

Monday, February 1, 2010

revelations 3:15 stood out to me today "I know they works, that thou are neither cold nor hot........"

While listening to yet another brunstad mp3 -------- if I've been brainwashed by a cult I'm just hopelessly brainwashed..........this verse way stood out to me one that says "I know THY WORKS" idea that people can have lukewarm works!!!!!!!!!! I often work to maintain good works..........but also I think this verse maybe has to do with the way one lives in general...........are you on fire for jesus taking your cross up daily and following him........or are you rather ho hum about ya you christian jesus is a cool guy etc. It's a place I can have zeal and fire the works I do!
Revelation 3:14-16 (King James Version)

14And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

15I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.

16So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
Maybe us christians aren't supposed to merely do good works........but be on fire for these good works! Titus 2:14 "Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works." YA I think it's needed to be extremely zealous to do the good.
I want to work to be serving god more wholeheartedly, with much zeal. I just typed in word wholeheartedly on biblegateway.com this verse goes with the topic on hand 2 Chronicles 25:2 "He did what was right in the eyes of the LORD, but not wholeheartedly." IT's not enough to just do the good god wants us to be on fire full of zeal to serve him.
1 Kings 8:23 "and said: "O LORD, God of Israel, there is no God like you in heaven above or on earth below—you who keep your covenant of love with your servants who continue wholeheartedly in your way."

0 comments:

Post a Comment